Jonathan J. Lo is a junior partner at the firm. He joined the firm in 2009 and focuses in the areas of individual and corporate bankruptcy law and estate planning matters. He also has extensive experience in the areas of contract review, litigation, civil matters, and criminal defense.
Jonathan’s notable experience includes:
- Obtaining a unanimous jury verdict in favor of clients involving non-competition and breach of contract claims resulting in an award of significant monetary damages and injunctive relief
- Successfully obtaining hundreds of discharge orders in individual Chapter 7 cases
- Successfully confirming many individual Chapter 13 plans
- Successfully confirming multiple individual chapter 11 reorganization plans
- Successfully defending multiple nondischargeability actions by creditors alleging fraud and willful malicious injury in bankruptcy cases
- Successfully settling many civil and federal actions involving contractual disputes, real estate transactions, intellectual property violations, ADA claims, and fraud allegations.
- Successfully completing multiple probate and conservatorship cases
- Obtaining complete acquittal of criminal charges of defendant who was alleged to have assaulted and battered a roommate.
- Reducing multiple felony criminal complaints to misdemeanors in cases involving assault with a deadly weapon and criminal threats
- Reducing multiple misdemeanor criminal complaints to diversion programs in cases involving assault and battery, solicitation of prostitution, and petty theft
- Obtaining favorable plea bargains in cases involving vehicular manslaughter and DUI
- Obtaining multiple expungements of prior criminal records
Jonathan received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from University of California, San Diego and obtained his Juris Doctorate at Southwestern School of Law in Los Angeles. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for a federal bankruptcy judge in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Los Angeles, where he drafted memoranda analyzing legal issues and recommending outcomes in Chapter 11 and 7 bankruptcy matters.
Jonathan was admitted to the bar in 2015 and was selected to the Top Attorney’s list by Pasadena Magazine in 2018 and 2019.
In his free time, Jonathan enjoys spending time with family, playing golf, and watching NBA basketball.