Kelvin J. Lo is a junior partner at the firm. He represents individuals and businesses in litigation and in financial insolvency matters, possessing nearly a decade of legal experience in those areas. Since being admitted to the bar in May 2017, Kelvin has helped numerous clients achieve their goals. Kelvin's notable experience includes:
- Lead chair in a week-long jury trial involving non-competition and breach of contract claims, where the firm obtained a unanimous jury verdict in favor of the client, resulting in an award of significant monetary damages and injunctive relief
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in a medical malpractice case involving the delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in an insurance bad faith litigation case
- Obtained the complete dismissal of a lawsuit against client alleging claims of quiet title to real estate, and subsequently obtained favorable settlement for client in connection with the sale of the property
- Instrumental in obtaining complete dismissal of claims against client being sued for specific performance of a contract for the sale of real estate, and in turning the case into a significant recovery on the client's cross-claims
- Second chair in a bench trial defending breach of contract and conversion claims, where the firm obtained a complete defense finding and a favorable monetary award on the client's cross-claims
- Settled a $2.5 million judgment against client in a personal injury case for $150,000
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in bankruptcy adversary litigation asserting nondischargeability of debt
- Extensive experience representing both debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 13, and 11 bankruptcies
Kelvin was selected to the Top Attorney's list by Pasadena Magazine for 2018 and 2019.
Kelvin holds a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School, where he was a Note and Comment Editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review. Kelvin has a Bachelor's degree from the University of California, Davis, where he majored in political science and minored in music. While at UC Davis, Kelvin was a member of the school's NCAA Division I golf team.
During law school, Kelvin served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Robert N. Kwan at the United States Bankruptcy Court in Los Angeles, where he drafted memoranda analyzing legal issues and recommending outcomes in Chapter 11 and 7 bankruptcy matters. In 2016, Kelvin served as a part-time conciliator at the Loyola Law School Center for Conflict Resolution where he received 25 hours of mediation training that satisfies the California Dispute Resolution Programs Act. In the summer of 2016, Kelvin was a summer law clerk at the downtown Los Angeles firm of Geragos & Geragos, APC, where he worked on a variety of complex litigation cases.
During his spare time, Kelvin enjoys exercising, golfing, playing guitar, songwriting, and spending time with his wife, daughter, newborn son, and miniature long-haired dachshund.