Established in 1981, the firm has served clients large, medium and small, internationally and locally in the Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley area, and has earned a reputation as a firm that really take care of its clients. The firm currently employs four attorneys: Michael Y. Lo, Esq., Jonathan J. Lo, Esq., Kelvin J. Lo, Esq., and Mikhail Liberzon, Esq. In addition to the four attorneys, the firm also employs legal assistants, law clerks, receptionist and administrator.
Over the years, the firm has handled cases that are too numerous and routine to mention. Notable involvements worth mentioning, however, included, but are not limited to:
- China Airlines Flight 611accident case. On 25 May 2002, the Boeing 747-209B operating the route disintegrated in mid-air and crashed into the Taiwan Strait killing all 225 people on board. The firm represented a decedent’s estate and won a substantial settlement from the defendant China Airlines;
- Southern California Gas Company stove explosion case in which the firm represented a victim of the incident;
- The firm applied and received a Temporary Restraining Order against Southern California Edison which improperly shut off service to the client. This case had received extensive news coverage which led Edison to quickly restore the service, and the case was then settled in the client’s favor;
- The firm co-represented a Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed semi-conductor company on a multi-million dollar breach of contract claim that went to jury trial. The case eventually settled to the client’s satisfaction after a motion and hearing after the trial;
- In 2019, the firm won a jury trial on copyright infringement and breach of covenant not to compete claims with unanimous jury verdict.
The firm has extensive experience in bankruptcy law, civil litigation, business law, estate planning, probate, and personal injury practice. The firm has handled innumerable Chapter 7 and 13 cases from start to finish. With respect to Chapter 11 cases, the firm has acted as reorganization counsel to a variety of individual and corporate debtors. Since 1981, the firm has handled or been involved in a total of twenty-five (24) Chapter 11 cases—19 of which the Firm acted/acts as reorganization counsel, one as special counsel, and four as creditor counsel. The firm has represented clients in the prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings, and is familiar with motion practice in the bankruptcy courts.
Moving forward, the firm will continue serving clients with devotion and dedication it had been known in the past and it is committed to satisfying the unique objectives of each client by providing highly skilled, customized, and innovative solutions.